Important Election Dates
Registration Deadline – October 10, 2023
Mail-in Absentee Ballot – Saturday, September 23rd, 2023 – online mail-in absentee request portal to open (45 days before election)
Tuesday, October 24th, 2023 – online mail-in absentee request portal to close (14 days before the election) at 11:50PM
Ballots for the November 2023 General may be returned by mail, or to the secure drop box located inside the McLean County Clerk’s Office during normal business hours of 8:00 am-4:30 pm, Monday-Friday. Ballots must be received in the clerk’s office by November 7th at 6:00pm.
In-Person Excuse Absentee – October 25th, 26th, 27th, 30th, 31st, and November 1st, 2023
In-Person No Excuse Absentee – November 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, 2023
Election Day – November 7th, 2023
Registering to Vote
Registering to vote is easy and convenient! The following requirements must be met in order to register:
- You must be a U.S. Citizen and a Kentucky resident for a minimum of 28 days. • You must be 18 years of age by the date of the next general election (usually the first Tuesday in November). You are eligible to vote in the May primary election if you will be 18 by the November general election.
- You must have not been convicted of a felony. If you have been convicted of a felony, your civil rights must have been restored in order to be eligible to vote.
- You must not have been judged mentally incompetent in a court of law.
- You must not claim the right to vote anywhere outside of Kentucky.
If you are able to meet the above requirements, you may register to vote by completing a voter registration card and submitting it to the County Clerk’s office. If you prefer, A FORM CAN BE MAILED TO YOU (by requesting it), you can download a form from this web site, or you may pick up a form at the County Clerk’s office.
Please contact us via E-mail with any Voter Registration questions.
Absentee mail-in ballot drop box Location
McLean County Courthouse
210 Main St, Calhoun Ky 42327, inside the side door.
To view the current Polling Locations please click PRECINCT LOCATIONS
- Official Voter Registration (Form: 5041503)